Friday, November 16, 2012

Evaluation

Doing street photography as a project has defiantly been and eye opening experience with pros and cons.Although i have experienced street photography briefly and lot more challenging than expected to  anything i have done before. i defiantly feel the more i did the more i learned I am gradually getting to grasps with it for example using a manual 35mm film camera was rather daunting for me but is something i am gradually becoming more and more confident, with not just manually setting the camera up but actually taking photographs with it, but also things like developing my film and printing my images was all very new to me. I've made plenty of mistakes to learn from, loading my film on to the reel incorrectly leading to the negatives to stick together, I've also made mistakes in the darkroom printing a full image too dark or too light because i haven't turned the fstops up or down to a particular setting. From my many mistakes i now feel confident i know how to correct and prevent these things from happening.
I am extremely happy with my final prints and the process that i  took to get them to this quality. I have no particular theme to my images other than the connection is street photography what i say is my images all contain some form of action being made,people caught in the moment,  my images are very contrasty and in each image it is visibly clear to who or what is the main object of focus. If i was to change anything about what i did in this project it would  try and be more confident in my own opinion rather than other people's, as i think i worried to much about the blog and people actually viewing it. There is also room for me to be more confident when going out to shoot film in a public space, i think doing this i would develop a whole new insight to how i work as an indivdual rather than having someone there as moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment