Friday, January 18, 2013

Portraiture Evaluation

Portraiture Evaluation

I've never experienced doing portraiture, so this was pretty new to me. if  i'm honest i didn't think researching portraits would be so hard but then when briefed more on portraiture in group sessions it was hard to establish what it was. I initially thought it could range from family/individual portraits to editorial but that is not so.I used a variety of research throughout such tumblr one of my main sources, along with my own books and library books.

I booked the studio but had  never used a studio before this, or a hasslebald and as such this was a little nerving but just having a play around with the camera.Getting used to the fact your seeing your image back to front, this can be frustrated at times while try to make sure your image is in focus, but doing this made it all the more easier to shoot.Editing my images was something i enjoyed, even though i feel as though i need  to progress in this area so it need not feel so daunting. I think i have to stop worrying so much and let things flow and just accept that in order to understand what i am doing i have to get things wrong. For example sending my images of to the lab to be printed, only to pick them up and realize i edited them to the wrong size and i now have 20" by 24" inch images, to my knowledge i thought id actually gotten everything right and was feeling very organised.

So for my  final images i'm handed both 20" by 24" C-type and also exactly the same images just printed to the correct size, A3. Overall i'm happy with my final results although with appropriate planning i could of done a lot more.I think that is one of the major errors for me. If i was do anything different i would plan more studio time trying a variety of ideas even if i doubted them and give myself plenty off time to send my images off so if anything does go wrong i have the time to correct them.
i enjoyed using the studio and know that the more time i spend shooting the more i will feel confidently doing both Studio and set up.My initial ideas where to do nude portraits but this never followed through so advice to myself would be to follow through with initial ideas or any ideas in general whats the worst that happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment