Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Evaulation

                                                              Evaluation

After numerously researching iconic hero and villains I finally came to a decision on a portrayal intended to do. I choose to do my images based around to iconic and controversial people and use the public perception off them to draw a conclusion to which fits in better being labelled hero or villain ,there iconic images and controversial behaviour made it easier to do so.I choose to do Blondie /Debbie Harry as my hero and Madonna as a villain simply because Debbie Harry's iconic  image is based around being a women in rock music as well as being a fashion icon.Where as Madonna has created what could be argued either inspiring or negative image for herself because of the choice in clothing and music she produces i.e. lyrics which could be deemed sexually explicit and misleading as a suitable lifestyle to a younger fan base.My self portrait was the easiest of the three and i choose to express how uncomfortable i was with this topic by purposely cropping half of myself out of the image and the second image to consist of looking down .

This project for me was the one i found least enjoyable and i found myself putting it off as long as possible because of the uncomfortable feeling it gave of creating a whole shoot based around me portraying somebody else as either a hero or villain.Although when shooting i was in control of setting up equipment and organising the costumes i felt i had no control over the image being taken and found it hard to direct myself into position and although with help i was dissatisfied with the outcomes simply because it was not me in control and directing the outcome.I am not huge fan of dressing up and found the project awkward and felt unsettled at the thought of doing so. Id of much rather have been the photographer shooting someone else as a hero or villain it i believe that would have been a more enjoyable experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment