Friday, May 15, 2015

How images reflect can reflect a photographers state of mind





If you don’t know what is wrong with you, how do you know how to fix it? For me, actually being diagnosed with Anxiety and Panic Disorder came as a relief! It meant that I wasn't imagining the awful symptoms I’d been experiencing.


Panic disorder

If you experience panic attacks that seem completely unpredictable and you can’t identify what triggers them, you might be given a diagnosis of panic disorder.
Experiencing panic disorder can mean that you feel constantly afraid of having another panic attack, to the point that this fear itself can trigger your panic attacks.

Never knowing when I was going to get a panic attack was the worst feeling in the world.


This is a personal post that reflects on how a photographer state of mine can subconsciously have an effect on the work you produce.For example i think  that the work i produce is a reflective on the way i process thoughts and self trauma.Suffering from anxiety i think is a common factor in the majority of people that in the sense everyone experiences it at some point.Yet more with people who have a creative nature like my self.I believe this is reflected in my current series of images using Polaroids in which all the subject matters that have taken place are unidentifiable and have the theme of distorted and isolation.I think this links in with the feeling of anxiety.

 http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/anxiety-disorders/#.VVX8CvlVhBc

No comments:

Post a Comment